INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
Taxpayer Rights, Human Rights: Issues for Developing Countries
05 to 08 Oct 2021 | University of Pretoria | South Africa | Online Only
Registration Opens 25 August 2021
Share the News!
The 6th International Conference on Taxpayer Rights, convened by the Center for Taxpayer Rights and hosted by the African Tax Institute at the University of Pretoria, will be held entirely online in October 2021. Events include a free workshop on The Role of Tax Clinics and Taxpayer Advocates/Ombuds in Protecting Taxpayer Rights on 05 October, followed by three half-days of panel discussions from 06 to 08 October 2021.
Please note that all times for conference sessions shown on the agenda are South African Summer Time (SAST). Please check your own time zones here.
Questions about the Conference? Contact the Center for Taxpayer Rights at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Panel Topics Include:
- Taxpayer rights as human rights;
- Taxation as a means to achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Africa and other developing countries;
- Independent administrative appeals and the promotion of integrity and fairness in the tax system;
- The role of legal privilege in the protection of taxpayer rights;
- Digitalization of tax administration and the implications for protection of taxpayer and human rights;
- Barriers to access to justice and their impact on achieving SDGs; and
- Free workshop on the role of Tax Clinics and Taxpayer Ombuds/Advocates in achieving access to justice.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the 6th ICTR will held entirely online. This format will allow us to expand our audience participation and lower registration fees
Zoom links for each day’s conference sessions will be sent via email to registered attendees two to three days before each session.
This year we are able to offer several registration options in order to make the 6th ICTR more accessible to professionals and students from different countries.
First, registration for the October 5th Workshop on Tax Clinics and Taxpayer Advocates/Ombuds is free of charge (but you must register in order to receive the zoom link).
Second, we have established a multi-tier fee structure for attendees of the three day conference from 06 to 08 October 2021:
- The registration fee for attendees from OECD countries is $100 USD total for all three days.
- The registration fee for attendees from non-OECD countries is $75 USD total for all three days.
- The registration fee for LLM/JD/PhD students from OECD countries is $40 USD total for all three days.
- The registration fee for LLM/JD/PhD students from non-OECD countries is $30 USD total for all three days.
Note: To receive the student discount code, please email email@example.com with your request, including current course of study and the name and country of the institution at which you are studying.