INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
Quality Tax Audits and the Protection of Fundamental Rights
26 -28 May 2021 | National and Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Law | Greece
Registration Now Open for Online Conference!
The 5th International Conference on Taxpayer Rights will be held online only, hosted by the School of Law at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. Events include two days of panel discussions on 27 and 28 May, 2021, preceded by a free workshop on 26 May about establishing and operating a pro bono tax clinic for low income and other underrepresented taxpayers.
Note that all times for conference sessions shown on the agenda are Central European Summer Time (CEST).
Questions about the Conference? Contact the Center for Taxpayer Rights at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conference Sessions Include:
Panels for Low Income Taxpayer Clinic Workshop:
- Getting Started: Considerations in starting a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic;
- Operational Considerations: Beyond start-up; and
- Tax Clinics and systemic advocacy.
Panels on Audits and Taxpayer Rights:
- Foundational audit principles and applicable taxpayer rights;
- The conduct of tax audits and the intersection with taxpayer rights: case studies;
- Audits and taxpayer rights in an environment of cross-border cooperation;
- IBFD Observatory on Taxpayer Rights and Current Developments in case law relating to audits and taxpayer rights;
- Audit selection in the Twenty-first Century;
- The impact of audits on future compliance; and
- Criminal investigations and civil tax audits.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the 5th International Conference on Taxpayer Rights will be held online only. During the week before the conference, attendees will be sent links to the online sessions for which they have registered.
Please note that all times for the conference sessions shown on agenda are Central European Summer Time (CEST).
We will also send a recording of the conference session to registrants who miss the session due to time zone variations.
Registration is available for each separate day of the conference at the per-day rate, or for both days at a reduced rate. Attendees must register for the free Clinic workshop separately.
A reduced rate is available to current PhD, LLM, or JD students. To receive the discount code, please email email@example.com with your request, including your current course of study and the name of the institution at which you are studying.
Conference Terms & Conditions:
Conference Technical Advisors & Sponsors:
Help support the work of the Center for Taxpayer Rights.