INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
Tax Collection & Taxpayer Rights in the Post-COVID World
18 to 20 May 2022 | Harvard Law School | United States | Online Only
Registration Now Open!
Share the News!
The 7th International Conference on Taxpayer Rights, convened by the Center for Taxpayer Rights and hosted by the Harvard Law School, will be held entirely online in May 2022. Events include a free workshop on The Role of Tax Clinics and Taxpayer Ombuds/Advocates in Protecting Taxpayer Rights in Collection Matters on 16 May 2022, followed by three half-days of panel discussions from 18 May to 20 May 2022.
Please note that all times for conference sessions shown on the agenda are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Please check your own time zones here.
Questions about the Conference? Contact the Center for Taxpayer Rights at email@example.com.
Panel Topics Include:
- A taxpayer rights/human rights framework for tax collection practices;
- Collection alternatives: three case studies;
- State, local, and international collection of tax;
- Business hardship;
- Efficiency, digitalization, and taxpayer rights in the collection of tax;
- Intermediaries and tax collection; and
- Free workshop on the role of Tax Clinics and Taxpayer Ombuds/Advocates in achieving access to justice in collection matters.
We will also have an update from the Observatory on the Protection of Taxpayer Rights, and a presentation of current developments in case law relevant to taxpayer rights.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the 7th ICTR will held entirely online. This format will allow us to expand our audience participation and lower registration fees
Zoom links for each day’s conference sessions will be sent via email to registered attendees two to three days before each session.
This year we are able to offer several registration options in order to make the 7th ICTR more accessible to professionals and students from different countries.
First, registration for the May 16th Workshop on Tax Clinics and Taxpayer Advocates/Ombuds is free of charge (but you must register in order to receive the zoom link).
Second, we have established a multi-tier fee structure for attendees of the three day conference from 06 to 08 October 2021:
- The registration fee for attendees from OECD countries is $100 USD total for all three days.
- The registration fee for attendees from non-OECD countries is $75 USD total for all three days.
- The registration fee for LLM/JD/PhD students from OECD countries is $40 USD total for all three days.
- The registration fee for LLM/JD/PhD students from non-OECD countries is $30 USD total for all three days.
Note: To receive the student discount code, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, including current course of study and the name and country of the institution at which you are studying.